* William F. (Bill) Jolitz named ExecProducer CEO. William Jolitz,
* co-creator of 386BSD and the "Father of Berkeley Unix Open Source"
* now prevalent around the world, has been named Chief Executive Officer
* of ExecProducer. William is as famous in business circles for the companies he's
* founded as for his technical work in pioneering 386BSD and open source, both on his
* own and at Berkeley. William F. (Bill) Jolitz career resume.
business_execproducer("Jolitz named CEO", "March 2003");
* William Jolitz discusses how to conduct Open Source Projects
* without inheriting or inducing Intellectual Property claims
* in a webcast (for those with dialups) or [ram].
* Introduction by Bill Selmeier, originally made on
* June 17, 2003, only available in Real format.
* The presentation can be obtained here.
business_os_talk("Jolitz on Open Software Development","June 2003");
* Lynne Jolitz CTO of ExecProducer has written
* a well-received paper on her work with UC Berkeley
* as part of yearlong trials of massive video production.
* The ACE2004 Massive Video Production paper describes the trials
* and technology used. Lynne received an alumni award in October 2003
* for her work on behalf of her department.
classic_ace2004_paper("ACE2004 MVP paper", "April 2004");
* Lynne Jolitz CTO of ExecProducer, has received a granted patent
* Term Addressable Memory of an Accelerator System and Method.
* The patent describes an improved term addressable memory which includes
* a mechanism for performing predetermined plurality of pattern matches
* of packets to classify them for use with stateful protocol processing
* units that can resolve session data spread across multiple data
* packets and process them for the ultimate destination. In a term
* addressable memory, redundant terms are recorded with a single memory
* entry. Two classes of terms are used to match packet addresses and
* application ports, as well as a much smaller session CAM that matches
* the aggregate match of all terms to a specific session.
lynne_jolitz_patent("Term memory patent", "August 2004");
* Lynne Jolitz CTO of ExecProducer, writes about the role of copyright
* and fair use on the Internet discussed in the book "Free Culture"
* by Larry Lessig of Stanford Law School. The book review, appearing
* in the September 2004 edition of Dr. Dobbs Journal, is discussed in
* Lynne Jolitz DDJ Review of Lessig Free Culture.
review_lessig("Lessig Free Culture", "September 2004");
* William Jolitz and Lynne Jolitz
* talk about 386BSD in a series of videos found at 386BSD Design Video's, including
* "Configuration Story" [mp4 m3u qtl] and "Detective Story".
* More as time/interest/requests permits.
videosdesign("386BSD Design Videos", "September 2005");